Is Hymenoplasty The Best Way to Regain your Virginity?
Hymenoplasty, also referred to as hymen reconstruction, hymenorrhaphy or hymen surgery is the popular term to describe the surgery that re-establishes the hymen’s integrity. Situated about a half an inch inside the vagina, hymen is a pinking thin membrane that blocks the vaginal entrance partially. The basic function of the hymen is still unknown but it does act as a vaginal barrier against any external sources of infection until the girl reaches puberty.
How Hymenoplasty helps?
Hymenoplasty is instrumental in reconstructing the thin membrane called hymen, made up of fibrous and elastic tissues. Many women experience a tear apart of the hymen even before they lose their virginity. It could be due to cycling, gymnastics, running, walking, etc. This surgery hence involves stitching the edges of the wounded hymen, hence making it regain its natural appearance. It can additionally help in many ways, but it is important to determine whether you are suitable for this procedure. Perhaps visiting a plastic surgeon is the best idea to avoid your confusions.
Are you an Ideal Candidate for hymenoplasty?
Typically, women seek hymenoplasty for religious and cultural reasons. In majority of the cases, an intact hymen is very significant as it signifies the chastity of a woman. Now, the hymen can tear during sexual activity or non-sexual activities including horse riding or sports. Nevertheless, it is due to the societal norms that a girl can consider it imperative to get the hymen repaired.
You can be an ideal candidate for hymenoplasty if you satisfy below pointers:
· You are above 18 years of age
· You have excellent overall physical and mental health
· You have a ruptured her hymen due to sexual or non-sexual activities
Further, a gynaecological examination is also essential to determine whether your hymen restoration is possible or not.
Do you need Hymenoplasty?
Getting your hymen repaired provides no direct medical advantage. Absence of the hymen or not bleeding is not necessarily a sign of previous sexual intercourse. As per studies, more than 40% women do not bleed at the time of the first intercourse and over 52% have an intact hymen even with prior intercourse. It is equally important to know that hymenoplasty doesn’t guarantee bleeding during intercourse after the procedure.
Reasons to opt for Hymenoplasty
Many women opt for hymenoplasty just to enhance the aesthetic appeal of their vagina, which could appear as simply a waste of money for some. Yet, this surgery could be very beneficial for many others due to various reasons:
· Religious or cultural reasons: In many cultures around the world, having an intact hymen is rather crucial. The hymen can tear due to a number of reasons and with a cosmetic surgery to restore it; women can prove their chastity or virginity.
· To make the first night of courtship memorable: Getting intimate with your partner for the very first time is indeed special. If somehow, you have broken your hymen and you do not want this issue to create a ruckus on that distinctive night, hymenoplasty could be of much help. It can tend you to regain your virginity symbol, and make your more comfortable during indulgence.
· Injury to the Hymen: In myriad instances, the hymen can tear even without having an intercourse. Vigorous exercises and tampons can lead to tearing of the hymen and women may want to get that repaired. In such cases, hymenoplasty can be an excellent surgical solution.
· Psychological Healing: Victims of sexual abuse or rape survivors most likely have a torn hymen. In order to cope with the trauma and stress of such abuse, some women opt for hymenoplasty to restore it physically and mentally.
In your consultation with your doctor, make your expectations very clear. This way the doctor would be able to give you an insight about the surgery and along with instructions that you might need to follow prior to the surgery.
· The basic technique: In case there are remains of the hymen, it is easy to stitch it back together. General anesthesia is usually administered to prevent pain or discomfort. The surgeon then stitches together the torn pieces and it should typically take no longer than thirty-forty minutes.
· Hymen reconstruction: The surgeon creates a new hymen in this procedure using tissues from the vaginal lips. However, this surgery requires patients to abstain from intercourse for a minimum of three months.
· Alloplant technique: This procedure is beneficial when the remnants of the hymen cannot be stitched back together. The surgeon inserts a biomaterial in the vagina that functions as a hymen. It is a tear-through material and the entire surgery can take up to two hours.
The patient is kept under observation for a few hours after the procedure to ensure that she does not have any complications and can go back home the same day. Though she can resume the work after three or four days, moderate activities are better to start only after ten days. Here are more after care tips:
· Keep the area sanitary and take antibiotics prescribed by the doctor to prevent infections
· Take bath 2-3 days after the surgery
· Use ice-pack or warm compress to soothe the swelling and ease the pain
· Refrain from intercourse at least for eight weeks after the procedure to ensure you achieve the intended results.
Go ahead – Regain your virginity
The treatment may well help you to get your virginity status back by stitching your broken hymen back. Moreover, it is wise to choose a proficient surgeon, as it would ensure hassle free hymenoplasty. The recovery time is minimal and people can often return to work the very next day. Any kind of discomfort or swelling in the private parts subsides within days. However, it is best to communicate well with your surgeon to get a better insight regarding the surgery. In addition, if you are suffering from any emotional crisis due to the rupture of the hymen, it would be best to consult a counselor first. The idea is to remain fully prepared for the procedure, there must not be any ifs and buts, as it could affect the efficacy of the treatment results.