- Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing
Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing
How Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing Can Get your Glow Back
Ageing, skin disorders, long exposure in the sun and heredity can all cause skin irregularities over time. This could be in the form of scars, wrinkles, sunspots, freckles or visible blood vessels. In addition, the skin could lose its healthy glow, appear less firm and lose its tone. All these are the characteristics of a younger and rejuvenated skin.
This is when skin rejuvenation and resurfacing can prove to be a favorable solution. It can help improve the appearance of fine lines as well as wrinkles, which can develop in certain areas with age. An experienced plastic surgeon is the best to suggest the kind of treatment that would be beneficial for your condition.
Are you an Ideal Candidate?
If you satisfy below points, you would be an ideal candidate for skin rejuvenation and resurfacing treatment:
· A person who has an excellent overall health
· A person who is prepared to endure any kind of short-term discomfort (only in some cases) after the procedure as the skin heals
· A person who wants to enhance his/her appearance significantly without having to go through any major surgery
Types of Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing Treatment
Depending on your health and overall body condition, the surgeon can recommend you any of these treatments
· Chemical Peels: Different kinds of acid peels find use in various combinations in order to get rid of damaged outer layer of the skin.
· Laser and Intense Pulse Light Treatment: This method is helpful in tightening the sagging skin or removing any kind of discoloration.
· Ablative Laser Treatments: It removes the skin’s outer layers to get rid of fine lines, scars, wrinkles, age spots and uneven tone. Laser stimulates the natural collagen in the body to create an unblemished layer of skin for a flawless look.
· Dermal Fillers: These injectable compounds provide an effective way to erase early ageing signs. These fillers can enhance contours of the skin, hence enabling you to attain a more youthful appearance.
· Mechanical Ablation: The Dermaplaning or Dermabrasion procedures are instrumental in renewing the skin’s appearance. The surgeons remove the topmost layer with the help of surgical scraping methods as a part of this treatment. The success of the procedure eventually lets you to achieve a softer skin with no surface irregularities.
· Non-Ablative Treatments: These include Microdermabrasion, Light Acid Peels and Microneedling among other treatments. All these are minimally invasive methods that aid in treating discolorations and light scarring. Typically used for the neck and face, these methods are also effective in reducing scars and stretch marks on the body.
· Botulinum Toxin Type A Treatments: This Botox treatment blocks nerve contraction on temporary bases and hence reduces the appearance of wrinkles on the face.
· Spider Vein Treatment: Also known as Sclerotherapy, this procedure requires the use of collapse surface veins. Since spider veins appear close to the skin’s surface, the surgeons find it easier to perform this treatment.
Conditions in which Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing are helpful
Mentioned below are a few conditions that the various skin rejuvenation and resurfacing approaches can address:
· Pigmentation: Sun spots, freckles or any darkened area of skin caused mainly due to long exposure in the sun
· Static Wrinkles: Such kind of wrinkles remains visible at all times and do not alter with facial movements.
· Dynamic Wrinkles: These are the expression lines, which emerge in the form of folds when the skin is not moving. They often deepen with facial expressions and movements
· Scars: Caused due to acne or any kind of injury to the skin, they can appear as pitted, rolled, discolored or at times have raised borders.
· Dull Skin: Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing can bring back the vibrant glow, which your skin might have lost due to clogged pores or buildup of dead skin cells.
· Discoloration: The skin can lose its firmness and cellulite starts to develop in case the supportive skin structures weaken including elastin fibers and collagen.
· Vascular Conditions: Vascular lesions can appear as small blood-filled clusters or may lead to constant facial redness. The blood vessels start becoming visible on the skin’s surface.
As with any kind of surgery, every procedure would have a certain outcome and therefore it is important to have realistic expectations. It is also crucial to remember that the results would vary from patient to patient. Usually, skin rejuvenation and resurfacing offers:
· A rejuvenated and glowing appearance
· An even skin tone with visibly less spots and pigmentation
· Diminished or nearly subsided appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
· Enhanced facial features with more collagen
· A smooth and even texture of skin with improved minor scars and other skin inconsistencies
It is important to remember that most skin procedures would require a series of treatments and a professional approach in order to achieve the best results. The same holds for skin rejuvenation and resurfacing as well. The cosmetic surgeon that you are choosing has to be an expert in this field to understand your goals. Also, as a patient, you must be committed towards safeguarding you skin in the long run so that the achieved results can last for a longer period. Once you know all the pros and cons, you can be in a better position to opt for the treatment. Evidently, you can regain the glow on your face that was once the USP of your personality.