When you start to age, collagen formation will decrease within your body. That will make your skin look all saggy with fine lines and wrinkles. With diminishing elasticity within your skin, the upper and lower eyelids will develop some wrinkles, bulges and other issues as well. This entire section will affect your vision for sure, along with your appearance and will lower down your self-confidence. But, with the help of eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty surgery, you can repair ay issue associated with droopy eyelids. You can also rejuvenate those eyes, which used to look always so tired.
However, going under knife is not all as after surgery; you need to focus on the recovery procedure as well. This is a whole different ballgame, for which, you need to stay prepared beforehand. You have to look perfect and for that, resting period is a must. Much like any other surgical procedure, eyelid surgery needs a minimum of 1 week’s rest. So, you have to think about that too. There are some tips that you might have to highlight for speeding up the recovery process.
More about the after-care instructions to follow:
It is always vital for you to check in with the after-care instructions that you need to follow when you are done with surgery. Self-care is always a prime factor to consider and you better check out with that. This way, you get the chance to get exactly what you want and have it right on hand when you head back to your place.
• Going for the cold compression for reducing swelling is one of the basics you need to follow after that eyelid surgery as one of the primary caring routines.
• Then you have to focus on the eye drops that the doctors will prescribe you after surgery. You don’t want the eye area to get dry and for that using these drops is mandatory.
• Sometimes, the doctors will prescribe you with some ointments to lubricate the areas. Make sure to head towards that option as well.
• Make sure that you have gauze lying around your place. In case the incision oozes out during the healing period, then you have to dab it with the gauze. Sterilize the gauge first and then dab on the wound but never rub it.
• Have to get ultimate protection from sun.
• It is vital for you to protect your eyes from harsh UV rays, especially after coming out of the doctor’s chamber after your operation. Even elements like wind is not safe as you will then add dirt or dust with it. It is always advised to wear some dark sunglasses with frames. It will help you to cover your eyes from all the sides.
• For that extra bit of protection, you can always try to add that hat. Most importantly, you have to follow the instructions to apply sunscreen once the surgical procedure has been taken care of.
Have to get ultimate protection from sun:
It is vital for you to protect your eyes from harsh UV rays, especially after coming out of the doctor’s chamber after your operation. Even elements like wind is not safe as you will then add dirt or dust with it. It is always advised to wear some dark sunglasses with frames. It will help you to cover your eyes from all the sides.
For that extra bit of protection, you can always try to add that hat. Most importantly, you have to follow the instructions to apply sunscreen once the surgical procedure has been taken care of.
Need to hold your horses:
Whenever you are going for blepharoplasty, you are up for a life time change in your look and you are not here for a short run. So, remember that your eyelids will turn puffy after the operation and will swell up real red. The bruising might seem that you resemble a black eye. Avoid that and get hold of the best results.
• This might be one pretty hard time for the patients to cope up with as they are always anxious to see results. But, the recovery time might differ from one patient to another and you have to wait to check out the desired results.
• Remember that it will take at least 2 weeks’ time for the swelling to disappear. Right after that, you will start to check some of the changes along with the difference that it might make.
• Chances are high that you will look a lot younger and the eyes will start to look brighter. But for getting that much desired result, you have to wait out a bit.
Rest is indeed a necessity nowadays after surgery:
Much like any other surgeries, you need complete rest after you have gone through blepharoplasty. You are not just likely to rest your body but your eyes as well.
• A proper night sleep will always accelerate the recovery procedure. Lack of sleep, on the other hand, will slow down the procedure.
• Remember that healing will demand quite some energy. So, chances are high that you will feel tired more than usual. Well, make sure to take naps in between whenever you feel tired. Let’s not push things forward with force.
There is no need for you to stress your eyes:
When you are done with the surgery, it is time for you to give your eyes some rest. So, don’t just hurry up and start reading books, checking emails or even catch any TV soap. You need to prevent all of that for at least a week. Yes, time might turn boring after few initial days but you have to prepare yourself beforehand to live in this manner. These activities are mainly notorious for causing some of the dry eyes. So, you have no other option but to avoid these points, if you want the recovery to take place faster.
For some other advices on faster recovery from blepharoplasty, make sure to catch up with your surgeon first. As he did the operation, he knows your condition well and will instruct the right recovery steps to follow.