Whenever you are thinking of facial rejuvenation surgery, there are so many impressive options available under surgical sector. Among the lot, blepharoplasty seems to be one common note among people these days. If your eye skin is getting all saggy due to age, then going through eyelid surgery will be one promising solution for you to consider. However, you should remember that you have actually two pair of lids. One is the upper lid and another one is lower lid. So, it is mandatory for you to check out these lids first as each surgical procedure is going to different from the rest.
For the upper lid surgery:
Among the two sets of lids that everyone has, the upper lid is the most commonly used one. So, there is always a high chance of developing some skin redundancies, which are manly noticed first with hooding and then with the eyelid appearance.
• Upper eyelid surgery is not a new thing and has been around for ages now. It is mainly designed to be the less problematic surgical procedure than the lower eyelid one.
• Even though the aesthetic eyelid is not identical for people, the basic maneuvers in the upper blepharoplasty will be proficiently published in here.
• In some of the recent papers, some of the most common eyelid surgeries have been mentioned. Some of the most common ones for the upper lid will be skin excision, supratarsal fold, differential skin closer, lateral orbicularis windows and volume restoration.
• The supratarsal fold is likely to lower the fold by around 1mm right from its present crease. It will also lower into orbital skin crease in a lateral sense for removing temporal skin.
• The skin after that will be excised with the help of scissors at such a point of around 10mms right from the brow at vertical point, which is located just above the lateral limbus directly.
• Then you have some orbicularis muscle, which is laterally excised through that lateral canthopexy, if you are focusing on the lower eye lid surgical procedure.
• The doctors will work on different kinds of skin closure by working on superficial bite. The thick skin right under the brow will have a deeper bite when compared to the thinner skin, which is close to lash line.
• You can get hold of volume restoration on the upper eyelid. For that concentrated fat will be injected right into the sub muscular plane, which is located in the upper eyelid. It will also get injected to the periosteum, currently of the brow bone.
The importance of fat preservation:
When you are dealing with lower eyelid surgery, you are heading towards time-honored aesthetic process. The main goal in here is to remove the lower bags from the eyelid and working on the hollows and dark circles. These hollows are termed as periordital and are displeasing to look at.
• Lower eye lid surgery has always been performed with some incisions under eyelid lashes. In medical term, it is called transcutaneous surgery.
• The main route of such surgery has actually led to some of the unpredicted results and higher investment from patent’s side.
• Most of the time, the lower eyelid retraction will change the shape of the eye. A drooping lower eyelid is the last thing you want, which leads to the surgery.
• Eyelid retraction takes place in around 20% of the cases, and then the transcutaneous method has been performed to get the desired result. Sometimes retractions might not start to develop until few years have passed by. So, the surgeons might not know it to be a surgical issue.
What to do to avoid the disastrous results:
To avoid any of these devastating results, surgery needs to be performed from inside the eyelid. This is one of the preferred methods by most cosmetic surgeons out there.
• This current method of the lower blepharoplasty will reduce any risk of altering the shape of the eye. It will here address the fat prominent and try to preserve the complete integrity of the main eyelid structures.
• On the other hand, this same method is going to maintain the shape and even the appearance of the eyelid. You have the orbicularis muscle and orbital septum in here to consider.
More on the extra adjuncts:
There are some extra or additional adjuncts, which are going to improve the present outcome of the lower eye lid surgery. It will prevent any form of complications, which can be eyelid tightening, canthal suspension, repositioning of fat or more. When the matter revolves around the aesthetic surgery for eyelid, the main aim is to enhance the appearance. It has to be done without disturbing the said function.
What to expect from canthal suspension:
The main aim of canthal suspension is to prevent the retraction. It needs to be done by supporting the lower eyelid. Here, you have the modified version of the canthoplasty, where the lower lid is going to be reinforced formally without any shortening or dis-insertion. You have the Canthopexy as another option here, where the orbicularis muscle is primary used for supporting the lower lid. It also needs to be performed for accomplishing the same goal.
These procedures are quite popular among the masses and doctors as well, as these options are less traumatic and disruptive in nature. They are also very simple and quick and might lead to some of the lesser postoperative complications when compared to the traditional canthoplasty. This happens to be one necessary step in the lower eyelid surgery and should be mastered with some experience.
Get the best fat repositioning from experts:
Whenever you are aiming for the fat re-positioning option, be sure to catch up with the experts now. In this process, the native eyelid fat under the hollows will be transposing, which will reduce fat prominent and will also fill out the eyelid hollows. You need experts to help you out with this venture, which will clearly solve your issues well. So, do check that out now!