How Breast Lift surgery Can Help You Regain Self-Confidence?
A breast lift, also known as Mastopexy, is performed to raise your aging breasts by repositioning the nipples higher, removing the excess skin and tightening the breast tissues around it.
Women who generally go for breast lift have breasts that point downwards. This may generally be due to excessive weight loss or weight gain, ageing or pregnancy. The breast lift surgery will help in changing the shape of the breasts and create self-confidence.
Some women may naturally have one breast sagging more than the other and the breast lift procedure will help in achieving symmetry.
How to Get Ready for Breast Lift Surgery?
As long as you have completely developed breasts, you can go for breast lift surgery. You can also undergo the surgery before pregnancy, as this wouldn’t, in any way, hinder breastfeeding.
Find a Plastic Surgeon in Your Area
Find Top Surgeons in India by Procedure
Find the Cost of a Procedure
Consulting A Plastic Surgeon
The very first step is to consult a good plastic surgeon to see if the breast lift surgery can settle your woes. Be clear with the surgeon about what you expect out of this surgery. The breast lift surgery cannot change the size of your breasts and in case if you are looking to increase or decrease your breast size, the surgeon may advise breast augmentation or breast reduction surgery along with it.
Checking for Eligibility
Once the surgeon has decided on the procedure, he will analyze your entire medical history. You should also be transparent enough to inform the surgeon about:
• Any operations you had earlier
• The medical conditions you have, and
• The medications you are taking.
If you had any injury in your breasts earlier, be sure to mention that. The surgeon will also examine your breasts physically. Based on your medical history and the physical examination of your breasts, the expert will decide if you are the right candidate for the breast lift surgery.
Preparing for The Surgery
• Once the surgeon approves your suitability for the surgery, he will provide important instructions to prevent excessive bleeding and infections after the surgery.
• He will ensure that the medications you take are not hindering with the surgical process.
• You will undergo a mammogram before the procedure to compare it with a mammogram taken a few months after the surgery to see the condition of the tissues.
• The surgeon will ask you to stay away from smoking for at least a few weeks before the surgery.
How Is The Breast Lift Surgery Performed?
The surgery will be performed at the surgeon’s facility or at an outpatient centre.
• Before the surgery, the surgeon will mark the position of the nipples where it will be changed.
• The anesthesiologist will then administer local or general anaesthesia.
• With various techniques available to remove the breast tissues and reshape it, the surgeon will determine the technique based on the positioning of the nipple and the size of your breasts.
• The surgeon will make incisions on the areas surrounding the nipples and near the breast crease.
• He will remove the excess tissues and lift the nipples up to a higher position.
• The surgeon will then stitch the incisions or bring it together with surgical adhesives and bandage the breasts.
This generally takes about two to three hours after which you will be kept under observation for some time. After checking the results of your surgery, you will be discharged.
Taking Care after The Breast Lift Procedure
After the surgery, you will be covered with bandages and will be instructed to wear a surgical bra.
The First Two Weeks
You may have some swelling, redness or feeling of soreness in the first two weeks after the surgery. If it is painful, the surgeon may provide some painkillers. You may have some drain tubes placed in your breasts which need to be attended regularly. The drain tubes will generally be removed in a few days.
Avoid bending down, straining, jumping or participating in any kind of physical activity that may put pressure on your breasts. Sleep on your back and not on the sides to avoid straining the breasts.
After two weeks, the surgeon will generally remove the stitches. The results of your procedure will be vaguely visible in this stage and the surgeon may perform some minor modifications to perfect the results.
After Two Weeks
Your breasts may look red or pink for more than a month after the surgery. You may also feel numbness in your breasts for six weeks from the surgery, which is completely normal. In case if you feel acute pain even after taking the prescribed medications, it is better to consult the surgeon.
The surgeon will advise you to wear the supporting bra for at least four weeks. You can resume going to work after six to eight weeks on the advice of the surgeon.
Even after resuming some of your natural activities, it is best to stay out of the sun and engaging in any rigorous activities for a few months after the surgery.
The shape of your breasts will be visible after two months although it may take more than that to see the exact shape.
Factors like excess weight loss, increased weight, unhealthy diet or irregular schedule may result your breasts to sag or droop downwards. Breast lift removal could help your breasts to regain their tight position significantly. For best results, approaching an experienced surgeon is always advisable.