Cryolipolysis – The Nonsurgical Fat Reduction Procedure
Do you feel jittery with the mere imagination of going under the knife to cut off your excess fat? If yes, then a non-surgical treatment like Cryolipolysis or CoolSculpting would be the best alternative.
CRYOLIPOLYSIS IN BRIEF
This safe and non-invasive cooling method helps in removing unwanted fat from arms, abdomen, breast, chin, butts, etc. It is ideal for patients who failed to lose fat through dieting or exercising.
IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR CRYOLIPOLYSIS
You can undergo the non-invasive Cryolipolysis procedure if you:
- Do not suffer from obesity
- Feel pinchable fat area beneath skin
- Lead healthy lifestyle
- Don’t have blood thinners
- Are not allergic to cold temperature
TARGETED BODY LOCATIONS FOR CRYOLIPOLYSIS
PREPARING FOR CRYOLIPOLYSIS
You would need to care for some important things before getting ready for the treatment:
- Be healthy:. Make sure you are healthy
- Be slim: It is not a weight loss program, so cannot treat obesity
- No medicines:Avoid taking prior medications
THE CRYOLIPOLYSIS PROCEDURE
The method involves removing unwanted body fat by giving a cooling treatment to the fat tissues of the targeted area. Due to freezing temperature, the tissues acquire crystalline form and die out. The process however may take numerous sessions spanning across weeks to months to get the intended results. Here is the step-by-step procedure:
- The expert cool sculpting specialist will assess the area that requires treatment
- He then marks the targeted area to use the applicator
- The applicator imparts controlled cooling to the fatty area.
- The applicator that resembles vacuum cleaner nozzles will be according to the area of treatment.
- The specialist will then use gel pad to protect the skin against the cooling effect.
- As the cooling starts, the fatty area becomes numb.
- The applicator then extracts the tissues between cooling plates
- The patient may feel a short-lived discomfort as the vacuum takes out fatty tissues
- The treatment may take around 35 to 60 minutes to complete
- The expert then will remove the applicator
- He will then massage the treated area to break the cooled deep tissue, if any
- This will enable the body to receive the frozen fat cells
Since it is a non-surgical procedure, the patient would not need anaesthesia. In fact, he can sit and feel relaxed throughout the treatment.
THE POSSIBLE RISKS OF CRYOLIPOLYSIS
Popular as cool sculpting, Cryolipolysis initially aimed at treating abdomen and flanks through cold-assisted treatment. Experts started using it to treat other body locations after getting permission by the FDA. It is free from major health risks.
In rare cases, patients may notice irregularities and asymmetry in the treated areas. Therefore, it is better not to expect miracles. Moreover, in less than 1% cases, the patients could suffer from paradoxical fat hyperplasia, which is abnormal rise in the fat cells. Be aware that men are three times more prone to suffer with any such condition.
ARE THERE ANY CRYOLIPOLYSIS SIDE EFFECTS?
Due to the non-invasive nature of Cryolipolysis, it accompanies lesser side effects as compared to other treatments. During the treatment, the probable adverse results may include tingling sensation due to cold and sensory deficits such as aching, cramping, etc. After the treatment, the patient may feel redness, swelling, tenderness, aching, etc. These side effects will vanish a few days after the procedure.
THE COST OF CRYOLIPOLYSIS TREATMENT
Depending on the applicator, targeted area and size of the surgery, the cost of this cool-sculpting treatment may vary depending on the machine, the areas to be improved and the time duration for which it is applied. The size of the applicator is one of the deciding factors to determine the cost of this treatment.
- For larger targeted areas such as the lower abdomen, the cost of treatment would be slightly higher due to the use of a comparably larger sized applicator.
Cost of Cryolipolysis Treat
you can meet your plastic surgeon for better assessment of your condition and tofind out if you are a good candidate for cryolipolysis or not. He can tell you the total amount of your cost.
EXPECTATIONS FROM CRYOLIPOLYSIS
CoolSculpting is a safe method to remove unwanted fat from the body. It helps you to get a sculpted look by decomposing the dead fat cells. The procedure is ideal for people who are unable to minimize fat through exercising or dieting. But, it is not a weight loss program so make sure to have realistic expectations; it will not remove fat completely.
RECOVERY AFTER CRYOLIPOLYSIS
It may take around 2-3 months or perhaps more for the treatment to reflect the desired results. The initial outcomes will, however, start reflecting within 2-3 weeks. The stats below will help you to know the efficacy of this treatment even more.
- More than 4 million patients have opted for CoolSculpting so far.
- You may expect around 20-25% fat reduction in one session of Cryolipolysis.
- Above 80% satisfied patients prefer recommending Cryolipolysis to others
Cryolipolysis is a safe and risk-free method to cut those extra fatty contours from your body. Minor side effects like swelling, bruising and sensitiveness will diminish within a few days of the treatment. However, make sure to consult the plastic surgeon about any prior medical history like Raynaud’s disease, psychological behaviour to cold temperatures, etc. Overall, if you could bear the cost, it is a recommended treatment to opt for.