Facial Implants are customized solid substances that are designed to reconstruct, enhance and augment facial features. There are different sizes and types of facial implants you can pick from to customize your appearance. Facial implants are generally used in the location of cheeks, jaws and chins to increase its shape and appearance.
Facial implants are best for those who have:
- Thin, hollow cheeks or wish to improve the size of the cheeks.
- Unsymmetric facial structure and wish to correct it.
- Narrow chin and want to make it more prominent and symmetrical to your face.
HOW CAN YOU PREPARE FOR FACIAL IMPLANTS?
During your initial consultation, the plastic surgeon will analyze your facial structure and discuss your expectations. The surgeon will take photographs of your face, determine your conditions and fitness for the procedure. If you are feeling anxious or unsure, then please speak openly with the surgeon and get all your doubts clarified.
Choosing the Right Facial Implants
The size and structure of the facial implants will have a massive influence on how you look. You should discuss your expectations clearly with the surgeon and get guidance on the best facial implants and their locations that will look natural to your face.
- You should stop smoking for at least six weeks before the date of the surgery.
- Make sure to consult with the surgeon if you are taking any medications, especially blood-thinners.
- It’s vital to stay hydrated throughout the entire process.
What’s the Procedure for Facial Implants?
The plastic surgeon will conduct this procedure in an accredited hospital or clinic with all the necessary equipment.
- The surgeon will administer anesthesia at the beginning of the surgery. It can be either local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
- For cheek implants, the surgeon will make incisions near the ears or the mouth. Similarly, for chin implants and jaw implants, the surgeon may make an incision on the lower lip, gum and under the chin.
- . The surgeon will make small pockets in specific areas for the implants.
- After making the incisions, the surgeon will place the implants on the proper locations depending on the symmetry and final results.
- After fixing the location of the implants, the surgeon will stitch back the incisions or use absorbable sutures.
Find a Plastic Surgeon in Your Area
Find Top Surgeons in India by Procedure
Find the Cost of a Procedure
WHAT’S THE RECOVERY PROCESS LIKE?
The surgeon will keep you under observation for the next few hours after the completion of the surgery and discharge you once all the vitals and conditions are good.
Swelling and Discolouration
Soon after placing facial implants, you will experience swelling, tenderness and some pain in the operated regions. It will take a few months for the swelling to totally subsidize and only then can you see the actual results of the surgery.
The area of the incisions and facial implants may look discoloured with signs of discomfort. You may additionally feel like your facial movements are restricted or hindered.
Returning to Normal Life
The surgeon will advise you to treat the areas with ice packs and will ask you to wait for at least a week before returning to normal life. You shouldn’t go swimming or indulge in heavy exercises that could damage the stitches. Please consult with the surgeon before you start any such strenuous physical activity.
It may take you a while to fully adjust to the implants. Your smile and normal facial expressions will be affected for the next few weeks.
You can reshape the cheeks, jaw and chin with the facial implant surgery. If you aren’t happy with the size of your facial features, then a facial implant surgery will help to correct and obtain the desired results.